We are a group of Dental Consultants who offer, improved practice morale; a happier, more profitable patient base;and improved home life; increased collections. (And yes, our average is 35% in year one.)

Monday, February 25, 2013

Looking in the Mirror







When you wake up in the morning it is easy to look around and blame everyone for the bad things in your life. You can ask, why your boss doesn't finish on time and your home late at night? Or you can stop and look in the mirror.

This week I went to a conference and I learned a valuable lesson.

 I was listening to a key note speaker and they asked us to look in the mirror. As I did this I contemplated the situation with my oldest. He was doing math one day and I was attempting to help. He wasn't getting it, "I asked why don't you understand?"

 The answer, because I hadn't taken the time to teach him. 

He started arguing with me, and I asked him, "why do you always argue with me."

 The answer because I was arguing with him.

"Why can't you change? You always do this?"

He can't change his habits because I haven't changed mine.

It's easy to sit at the desk and expect your employees to change, it's hard work to work with your team and learn new strategy's and to set your ego aside, but it's worth it.


But if you stop, "turn the window into a mirror you can begin the real work of changing your life and taking it where you want.


Find Salt Dental Practice Management on:


No comments:

Post a Comment