We are a group of Dental Consultants who offer, improved practice morale; a happier, more profitable patient base;and improved home life; increased collections. (And yes, our average is 35% in year one.)

Monday, September 30, 2013

Don't loose the nugget



A nugget is small and may seem inconsequential. You think that a thousand more nuggets may come walking in. However, if you stop and count all of the nuggets your office is missing you will realize that they are beginning to add up. Each nugget is a missed opportunity, a loss your office may not be able to afford. 

A golden nugget is the ticket that enhances or helps your business and your team.  It is asking for a referral or speaking about the patient needs in front of the patient. Or taking the time to go thoroughly through the bill with a patient and ask for their portion up front. It is keeping your office neat and organized and asking the patient how their day was.

Every nugget in your office counts and therefore, it is important your team takes advantage of every prospect that comes your way. Last year, I had a dentist. This year I have a different dentist. The reason is because my dentist and their staff missed their chance to build a strong relationship with me. I didn't feel valued as a patient and therefore, I felt no need to give them my money or my business. When I came in the office, they didn't ask how I was doing or if I had any concerns. While in the chair they talked to the doctor about my teeth but not me and when I left they never set up my next appointment or asked me how their service was. 

Take advantage of the face-to-fact time you have with your patients.  Dentistry has multiple chances to connect with patients throughout the visit and it is important that your team utilizes every opportunity they get. 

Enhance the nuggets in your office by taking a step back and analyzing where your team is dropping the ball. Where do they miss an opportunity or where do they let patient care slide? Start there and work your way up because your business depends on it.


Great teams take effort. Take time to work on your practice regularly to build quality communication and strengthen your results. For more information and to read other articles, please visit us at www.saltdpm.com.




  


No comments:

Post a Comment